Cedar Rapids Estate Planning Attorney
Caring, Honest & Professional Service in Iowa
At Howes Law Firm, P.C., our accomplished legal team has decades of experience guiding clients through the estate planning process. Proper estate planning ensures that your affairs have been put in order and will be handled according to your wishes upon your passing or incapacitation. Additionally, your estate will be maximized for the benefit of your loved ones once you are gone.
Estate planning is an important process that everyone should complete regardless of wealth or age. The Cedar Rapids estate planning attorneys at Howes Law Firm, P.C. can help you take advantage of helpful estate planning tools to provide for your family and ensure a bright future for your loved ones.
Estate Planning Tools & Methods
Without proper planning, your end-of-life wishes will not be known. The property and assets you spent a lifetime acquiring could be in jeopardy, hanging in the balance for Iowa probate court to divide.
At Howes Law Firm, P.C., our lawyers help individuals and families take advantage of estate planning tools such as:
- A last will and testament
- A living will, also known as an advance healthcare directive, that details what type of medical care interventions you want or do not want should you become unable to express your wishes
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts, into which your assets are transferred and handled according to your instructions
- Durable Power of Attorney for both medical and financial decisions, in which you authorize someone to act in your place should you become incapacitated
- Declaration of designee for disposition of remains, in which you name someone to make decisions as to how your remains will be handled as well as the type of ceremonies involved
- Guardianships and conservatorships
Contact a Cedar Rapids Estate Planning Attorney Today
We also provide legal representation for additional matters such as trust and estate administration, probate, estate and income tax planning, long-term care planning, and estate dispute resolution and litigation. Our firm has built a solid reputation in Cedar Rapids for thorough, sensitive, and trusted professionalism in all estate planning matters.
A Firm That Cares About Their Clients' Outcomes
Well Respected by Judges, Attorneys and the Community
Willing to Travel to Clients Who Are Unable To
Free Half-Hour Initial Consultation